How to use the Diskus®
- Open: hold the outer case in one hand and put the thumb of the other hand on the thumb grip.
- Push the thumb as far as it will go until a “click” is heard.
- Slide: Slide the lever away as far as it will go until a click is heard.
- Hold the Diskus® inhaler away from the mouth and exhale completely.
- With the mouthpiece to the lips, inhale quickly and deeply through the Diskus® inhaler.
- Remove the Diskus® inhaler.
- Hold your breath for about 10 seconds, then breathe out slowly.
- Close: Slide the thumb grip as far as it will go until a click is heard. The lever is automatically reset for the next dose.
Care of a Diskus®
- Store the device in a dry place, not in a damp environment (i.e. bathroom).
- Diskus® is to be closed when not in use; only slide open when ready to take dose.
- Diskus® is to be kept away from direct frost, heat or sunlight and from high temperatures (above 30°C).
- OPEN the Diskus®.
- SLIDE the lever to the “click”.
- EXHALE, then seal lips around the mouthpiece.
- INHALE quickly and deeply.
- BREATH HOLD for 10 sec.
- CLOSE the Diskus®
- For second dose, repeat steps 1 to 6.