How to use the Peak Flow Meter
- Stand up straight.
- Place the pointer at zero.
- Hold the meter with fingers out of the way of the pointer’s movement.
- Take in a deep breath.
- Seal your lips tightly around the mouthpiece (keep tongue and teeth out of the way).
- Blow out hard and fast. Do not cough into the meter.
- Repeat 3 times and record the best reading.
- Use first thing in the morning and before bed. Always use before medicine, unless given other advice.
- Clean as instructed by the manufacturer.
- Stand Straight
- Move Pointer to Zero
- Take Deep Breath
- Seal Lips Around Mouthpiece
- Blast Out Short & Sharp