Using the Turbuhaler
- Unscrew and remove the cap.
- Hold the Turbuhaler® in an upright position and turn the base as far as possible in one direction, then turn back until a ‘click’ is heard.
NOTE: Do not shake or blow into the device.
- Place the mouthpiece between the lips and inhale quickly and deeply through the mouth. Remove Turbuhaler ® from mouth and hold breath for 10 seconds, then exhale.
- Repeat steps 1 – 4 for the prescribed number of inhalations.
- Replace the cap.
Care of a Turbuhaler ®
- Clean mouthpiece using a dry tissue or cloth, gently wiping away any particles which have collected inside the mouthpiece. Never wash the Turbuhaler®.
- When a red mark appears in the window underneath the mouthpiece, the Turbuhaler® has approximately 20 doses left. When the red mark reaches the bottom edge of the window the Turbuhaler® is empty.
- REMOVE the cap & HOLD UPRIGHT.
- TURN THE BASE in one direction and back.
- LISTEN FOR A “CLICK” sound.
- PLACE BETWEEN LIPS.
- INHALE quickly and deeply.
- BREATH HOLD for 10 seconds.
- For a second dose repeat steps 2 to 8.