Skip to content
- An asthma action plan may also be called an asthma management plan.
- It is a written plan made with the help of your doctor.
- It tells you what to do and what medicine to use when the asthma is under control.
- It tells you what to do at the first sign or clue that the asthma is starting to change.
- If you follow the plan and respond early, you may prevent more severe problems.
- It will tell you when to call your doctor or when to go to the Emergency Department.
- The school, daycare or babysitter should know about your child’s asthma and the action plan.
- Review the action plan with your doctor at least twice a year and more often if needed.
- The action plan is not working if your child is often in the yellow level or goes into the red level.